If you‘re planning on moving interstate in Australia, there are a few things you should know beforehand.
Here are 10 things to keep in mind when preparing for your move:
- Start planning early The sooner you start planning for your move, the better. This will give you plenty of time to research your options and make sure everything is in order before the big day.
- Get organized Moving can be a chaotic process, so it‘s important to be as organized as possible. Create a list of all the things you need to do and pack, and make sure you have everything under control before the move.
- Choose the right time Timing is everything when it comes to moving. If possible, try to avoid moving during the summer or winter months, as this can make the process more difficult. Instead, aim for a time when the weather is more mild.
- Hire professionals If you can afford it, hiring a professional moving company can make your life a lot easier. They’ll handle all the heavy lifting and make sure your belongings are properly packed and protected.Once the removalists are contracted, look for a professional cleaning business to do the vacate cleaning of your premises. If you are ending a lease, then you need an end of lease cleaning.
- Pack your belongings If you’re not hiring a professional moving company, you’ll need to pack your belongings yourself. Make sure you pack everything carefully and label all the boxes so you know what’s inside.
- Arrange for transportation If you’re driving to your new home, you’ll need to make sure your car is in good condition and you have enough gas. If you’re flying, book your tickets as early as possible and make sure you have all the necessary documents.
- Change your address Don’t forget to change your address with the post office and update your contact information with all your friends and family.
- Prepare your new home Before you move in, make sure your new home is ready. If you’re renting, this means getting the keys from your landlord. If you’re buying, this means making sure the utilities are turned on and the house is in good condition.
- Unpack and settle in Once you’ve arrived at your new home, it’s time to start unpacking and settling in. This can be a daunting task, but it’s important to take your time and do it right.
- Enjoy your new home After all the planning and preparation, it’s finally time to sit back and enjoy your new home. Congratulations on making the move!